Simulation Systems Engineer
Skills: Bachelor in Engineering; 6+ years experience
Location: Chantilly, VA
Travel required: 25% Job Description: A Simulation Systems Engineer provides engineering support in the analysis, integration and test of a simulation devices, primarily pilot training devices and support several systems engineering programs and efforts. This position involves working in a team environment with responsibilities in all phases of systems development including concept development, requirements creation, functional analysis, system design, design reviews, implementation, test, verification and validation. The skill sets that best fit this position are in areas such as: defense avionics, radar and RF applications, structures, visual display system, embedded computing, real-time systems, and networking. Experienced Simulation Systems Engineers should have a least a basic knowledge of all the technical aspects associated with pilot training devices.
- Developing test procedures to perform nominal and off-nominal system test cases
- Researching, designing, developing and modifying new and/or existing components and systems
- Interfacing with and directing the activities of other integration teammates
- Ensuring the simulation adequately represents the required performance
- Participating in discipline, project and program level reviews as necessary
- Presenting results, issues, reviewing documents, and working issues
- Creating/monitoring system architecture, configuration and integration
- Developing installation, operation and maintenance specs and documentation
- Analyzing equipment to establish operating data
- Conducting experimental tests
- Analyzing engineering specifications proposals and technical data
- Six (6+) years demonstrated experience in simulation systems engineering, software or hardware engineering
- Experience in requirements development and management
- Experience in architecture and system design
- Experience in integration and test to include test planning and procedure development
- Demonstrated understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle in support of software/hardware development, avionics systems development or sustainment activities
- Experience in engineering under the ISO 9001 standard
- Knowledge of DoD engineering standards and process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, Visio, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of pilot training subsystem operations and performance (deeper the better)
- Desired personal attributes, self-motivated, responsible team player, leadership qualities an inquisitive.
- Clearance (Required-any level)
Mid-Level Simulation Software Engineer
Skills: Engineering Degree or Computer Science Degree; 5 – 10 yr. experience
Location: FT. Campbell, Kentucky
Travel required: Up to 25% Job Description: The ideal Mid-Level Simulation Software Engineer will be proficient in C++, Linux and Windows and have experience in modeling or flight simulation. Knowledge of Avionics, piloting experience or familiarity with networking simulation protocols such as (DIS or HLA) is a plus.
*****Must be US citizen. Must have ACTIVE Clearance. *****
The day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
- Analyzing simulation software and providing corrections for bugs in system models.
- Cold-starting machines including developing scripts and batch files to simplify loading of software applications
- Performing Software builds
- Developing new software applications or models relative to aircraft systems, avionics or simulator sub-system interfaces.
- Testing software modifications with customers in training devices.
- Preparing the documentation, data, and presentation material needed to support design reviews.
- Participating in design, code, and test reviews.
- Developing and executing unit, subsystem, and integrated test procedures
- Modeling/simulation software, low-level software, OS tuning, distributed and/or multi-threaded software, computer interfaces, avionics, DOD software development practices, computer security knowledge.
Please complete "Applicant Data Forms" and forward with RESUME:
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled Veterans
© Copyright 1999-2020 Veraxx Engineering Corporation — All rights reserved.